‘Vape at your peril’: teen’s brush with death sparks doctors’ ...

World

‘Vape at your peril’: teen’s brush with death sparks doctors’ warning

Fresh panic follows 16-year-old’s near-fatal allergic reaction said to be caused by vaping fluid

Laura Donnelly

People should regard e-cigarettes as safer than tobacco at their “peril”, doctors at the UK’s National Health Service have said, after treating a teenage vaper who almost died from “catastrophic” respiratory failure.

Ewan Fisher was put on life support at just 16 years old after suffering from an allergic inflammatory reaction which could have cost his life.

The teenager was rushed to the accident and emergency department of Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust after becoming seriously unwell...

This article is reserved for Times Select subscribers.
A subscription gives you full digital access to all Times Select content.

Times Select

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Questions or problems?
Email helpdesk@timeslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.