‘Sir, you can’t chew because you swallowed your false teeth’
UK pensioner inhaled his dentures under anaesthetic and didn't notice for a week
False teeth must be removed before major surgery, doctors have warned, after a pensioner swallowed his dentures and did not notice for more than a week.
The 72-year-old married electrician had an operation to remove a harmless lump in his abdominal wall at James Paget University Hospital in Great Yarmouth, UK, earlier in 2019.
However, six days later he returned to the emergency department complaining of blood in his mouth, swallowing difficulties and pain, which prevented him from eating solid food...