Newborn burns to death in baby warmer while mom is in surgery

News

Newborn burns to death in baby warmer while mom is in surgery

Now the young family is seeking legal advice as they try to cope with the devastating incident at a Mahikeng hospital

Journalist

Instead of bringing their newborn son home, a young Mahikeng family buried him on Monday, a week after he burnt to death in a hospital infant warmer.

Now the family are seeking answers to how their healthy newborn, Onkitsitse, could have succumbed to internal burns in the care of nursing staff at Mahikeng Provincial Hospital.

Seipai Maleke, 28, was admitted to theatre last Monday after failing to deliver her placenta...

This article is reserved for Times Select subscribers.
A subscription gives you full digital access to all Times Select content.

Times Select

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.

Questions or problems?
Email helpdesk@timeslive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.