Heartbreak for family after bees put plumber in coma
But help is flooding in – even his business competitors are taking on his jobs and giving the money to his wife
Shaun Karpelowsky, a fit 45-year-old plumber who is allergic to bees, passed on a job because the insects were in the garden – only to end up in a coma after being stung on another property a week later.
He has been in a coma for nearly a month, during which time his wife, Liora, 42, has been at his bedside constantly, hoping for a full recovery.
“He is not aware. He is not conscious. I believe he can hear us. I feel like he knows when I am here. He relaxes a little bit on some level,” the mother of their two children told Times Select...